Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Beginning

So I've thought a lot about where to start and I figure that since this is supposed to be my life story, why not start at the very very beginning. Or, close to it anyway :]

I was born into a family of three, making me number four. My mom, my dad, and my brother, Scotty. My parents found out shortly after I was born that my brother has autism. Autism is a developmental disorder that affects normal communication and social skills. Scotty has a hard time understanding lots of things that come naturally to most people. It's also difficult for him to communicate with others. Luckily, he is high-functioning and he actually can communicate very well. Some times he frustrates me so bad that I want to punch a wall or something, but I know its hard for him and I need to try and understand that. I love my brother, even when I feel like I could kill him and, honestly, I don't think Lilly would even be here today if it wasn't for Scotty's autism.

You're probably wondering how the heck my brother and his autsim have anything to do with the amazing production of Lilly, and I sure as heck am gunna tell you. I'll just start at the begininning (again :]). Well, my brother was sent to a special private school called SLDC (Speech and Language Development Center) and I was sent with him.

While I was there, I made some pretty good friends. Three of them are a year younger than I, and are also triplets. The two boys are high-functioning, but not as high as my brother. The girl, Sarah, who I became good friends with, is very high-functioning. Well, their mom decided to move them to another school (SLDC wasn't really the greatest. Their disciplinary..ways? strategies?.. were not that great) and my mom decided the same for me. She sent me to the same school they were at, Gilbert Elementary, even though it wasn't my home school, but it also wasn't that far. This is the place where my life was completely changed for the better and I met some of the most amazing people ever who became, and will always be, my life long best friends. Sisters, practically. Gilbert was where I met Autum Bronson, Lexis, Fayth, and Leah Hicken. Total and complete blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment