Saturday, January 22, 2011

Telling Them.

So when we went to our meeting that Thursday with Sharri, we told her all about Kevin and Danya and how amazing they were and everything.
Then, she asked if we were picking them for sure.
Well, of course we were!! They were so awesome and such amazing people that it would have been impossible to find any better.
She then suggested that we call them or email them or whatever as soon as possible so they weren't waiting and waiting to find out if we had made a decision.
We wanted to send something cute in the mail, like flowers or candy or cookies or something like "Guess who's adopting a little girl!", but we were worried it would take way too long, and we didn't want to keep them on pins and needles.
Then, my mom suggested that I call them then.
Like, right then.
As in, during our meeting, right there.
What? Right now? What do I say?
I was so nervous because I didn't want to sound stupid.
Now that I think back on it, it was kind of stupid for me to be so nervous.
I knew I was probably going to forget everything I would plan to say, so I wrote it down.
It was something along the lines of "So we just wanted to let you know that we are picking you to adopt or daughter" or something like that.
The seventeen words that changed our lives.
Danya picked up and Kevin was at work, so I told her.
She sounded so excited, but at the same time kind of surprised.
I'm surprised I didn't cry.
I think right then was the first time I realized how happy I was making these people.
These amazing people who I barely knew, yet knew so well.
These people who I love so much and will love the rest of my life.
These people who would become my family.
These people who would be the parents of my little girl.
I realized how badly they wanted what I could have so easily.
I realized that they were my child's parents.
I realized how happy I was for them.
It was an awesome moment and I don't think I'll ever forget it.♥

3 comments:

  1. Every time I read your posts I get all teary eyed. Your story is so touching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Natalie. You are such an amazing person. I love reading your posts, and Danyas'. Lily is one lucky little princess to have you all in her lives.

    ReplyDelete