Saturday, August 25, 2012

One Week Down!

With my last post talking about how I was starting college soon, I figure I should update it since I've now been a college student for a week. And this is the short way to say how I feel... 
I LOVE COLLEGE! 
It's amazing how much freedom you have in college. It's definitely been hard living on my own, but it's made it better that I have awesome roommates and neighbors. They are the best! My classes haven't been too bad yet, although I was a bit overwhelmed my first few days and especially in my first lecture. 
I feel like in the one week that I've been living in Utah, I've done more than I have in my entire life. I've learned how to slackline (if you don't know what this is, look it up on youtube, it is seriously so much fun!) and rock climb and I've been running and doing pilates and hiking! I feel so active! I never would have imagined myself being where I am now. Everyone who knows me knows I am pretty lazy, so this is probably a shock to you all! It is so much fun and I just feel so much better now! 
The only downside to living in Utah is that Danya, Kevin, and Lilly are in California. :[ If you read my story, you'll know that one of the main reasons I chose them was because I could go visit in one day. Being close was something that was really important to me. However, thanks to the modern marvels of technology, we can still see them in one day without either of us leaving our houses! Skype is so much fun! I was kinda bummed when I realized I wouldn't be able to make it to Lilly's second birthday party, but it was really awesome of Danya and Kevin to Skype CJ and I during the party so we could see Lilly loving her party!
I am so grateful for all the opportunities I've been given and all the people I've met here in Utah. I feel so blessed to have my Grandparents so close as well. I have made friends that I already know will last a lifetime and I am now even more excited for what the future has in store for me!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment