Monday, January 28, 2013

It's Been Forever!

The last time I posted here was just a week into my first semester. Now I'm starting my fourth week of my second and, let me tell you, it has been an adventure already! Am I as crazy enthusiastic about college as I was before? No. Sorry, but no. Haha. I do love it, but not as much. Classes and work are kicking my butt! I am honestly so drained! It probably doesn't help that I stay up way too late and have to wake up early either. I am having fun still. I've met some awesome people and definitely some life long friends. And right now is so awesome because I have a whole triple room to myself! Not that I didn't love my roommate before, but it really is nice to have a place to my own where I can be alone and do my own thing. Man, so much happened in my first semester, I don't even know where to start. I went to my first midnight video game release (and another.. and another.. and another.. Haha, thanks Clint and Trevor!), random, but fun! I went to a frat party and a few clubs, which was fun. Uncomfortable at times, but still fun. I went to an awesome concert and discovered tons of amazing new music. I discovered some AMAZING places to eat in SLC, including Bruges Waffles which has incredible liege waffles and frites (double fried fries- YUM!), Ruby Snap cookies, and Cafe Zupas, where I work and which is pretty cool, but it still seems like we most frequent McDonalds and Taco Bell- shame on us! It's actually not been oh so eventful. We did some fun stuff, lots of work, I went home, and then came back. I have sort of redecided on a major- Mechanical Engineering! I know, I know, I said I'd never ever do engineering because it's too much math, BUT I feel like it's something I would really enjoy as a career, even if it is a lot of math. I know I can do it and I know it will be worth it! We'll see if I commit and stick with it! I miss my family like crazy and being away from them has made me realize how much I appreciate them. I don't really have anything else that has happened. I live a semi boring life, but I really do love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment