Sunday, March 13, 2011

Minor Complications in the End.

As it was getting closer to my due date, I was getting a bit frustrated.
I was still only 1 cm dilated, and only 80% effaced.
The doctor suggested going on walks a lot, as that usually did the trick.
So my mom, CJ, and I went to Balboa Island and spent almost a whole day walking.
However, at my next doctors appointment, I was still only 1 cm, and I was less effaced. How could that even be possible???
And, worst of all, my blood pressure shot up, I had a lot of protein in my, sorry, but, urine, and, as a result, I was diagnosed with a mild case of toxemia. The only cure was birth, and if it got really bad, it could end up being really bad for me.
The doctor put me on a low-sodium diet, and said that I should rest a lot and if I got any really bad headaches that wouldn't go away, I needed to go to the hospital immediately.
Well, as if enough weren't going bad already, one night I did get a really bad headache. I ate, I took some tylenol, and nothing helped. I went to bed, and, in the morning, my headache was still present.
My mom called the doctor's office and was told to get me to the hospital.
Luckily, we had a bag packed just in case.
I was taken to a room and they immediately checked my blood pressure and did some blood tests.
When they were drawing blood though, the stupid nurse was too lazy to go get the right needle and tried to draw it with an IV needle, which is a heck of a lot bigger and hurts soo much more. After digging around in my arm for a while, she finally went and got the right needle. I think I still have a mark from it, though.
The blood pressure was still high, and my headache was still persistent, but my blood test came back well.
They gave me some super duper headache medicine and checked my blood pressure a few more times. It was really up and down, so they called my doctor and sent me home after about 7 hours being there.
The coolest part of being there, though, is that they had a heart beat thing on my stomach the whole time and we could hear Lilly's heartbeat. Definitely the best part of the day♥

No comments:

Post a Comment