Sunday, March 27, 2011

Coming to the Very End.

So towards the end, we got kind of nervous that everything would not play out as expected.
My doctor was going on vacation on the week of my due date, so I was hoping and praying that I wouldn't have Lilly while she was away.
And then, we found out Sharri was going out of town for a few days to take her daughter to college in Utah.
We had originally planned that we would keep Lilly for a couple of days after we got out of the hospital and after she was born to solidify our decision and have a little time with her.
Luckily, I didn't have Lilly while my doctor was away and they scheduled me to be induced on the 22nd because I was over a week and they didn't want any complications.
However, Sharri was going to be out of town from the 23rd to the 28th and I was afraid she would miss the placement.
So we decided to extend our time with Lilly until the 29th.
We were pretty nervous to tell Kevin and Danya because we didn't want them to feel like we were backing out or anything, we just really wanted Sharri to be there.
We could tell they were hesitant and nervous about us pushing placement back, but we could also tell that they understood, they were just nervous about it, which I totally understood.
I was solid in my decision, though, and I knew that we were going to place with them.

1 comment:

  1. Natalie,
    I dont think I know you, though I've seen you around and stuff. I had no idea you were ever pregnant until I read your blog. This is one of the most moving things I've ever read! I cant even imagine all that you've gone through, and your story is so uplifting and beautiful. congratulations to you and your great outcome and beautiful baby :)

    ReplyDelete