Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ultrasound

The next few weeks kind of stunk because I hardly got to see CJ. Of course I saw him at school, and it helped that we had two classes together, but he had just joined the baseball team at school, so he always had practice after school, and my dad was still really mad at him, so he never came over. I was kind of bummed, cause when I needed him the most, it felt like I had him the least.
I did have two big events to look forward to, though. During my 18th week of pregnancy[March 17th, to be exact], we set a date for my ultrasound! I was of course bummed CJ couldn't be there, since he had baseball practice, but I was still really excited. I finally got to see this little baby in my tummy. We weren't quite sure if we wanted to find out the gender or not, so we didn't right then. They did tell us, though, that they had it on file and if we wanted to know, we could always call. I was so excited and it helped that we didn't have to wait long, especially since they make you drink a TON of water before the ultrasound [which is actually kinda bogus, cause I only drank like, half a bottle my second ultrasound and it was just as good as the first one]. I was so nervous when the monitor popped up, and I couldn't tell what the heck it was. The baby wasn't moving very much, so the ultrasound tech [who was SO SO nice, not at all like the meanie on Juno :)] took all the measurements of the baby's head and feet and checked for 10 fingers, 10 toes [all present, thank goodness!]. Finally the baby started to move and we got the most perfect picture ever.

I thought my child was absolutely perfect [but who doesn't thin that about their kids?(:] and looked so much like CJ![she does in the ultrasound anyway!!(:] Of course my mom cried, but when doesn't she? :] It was absolutely amazing.
I absolutely could not wait to find out the gender of this baby [since I was tired of saying "it" or "the baby"], my mom called the doctor's office and left a message. While we were waiting for the plastic surgeon at another appointment [I had to have a "possibly dangerous" growth removed from my forehead.], they called back, and my mom let it go to voicemail. OH MY GOSH! I was soo excited! For some reason, I was absolutely convinced that this baby was a boy. Don't ask me why. Maybe its cause I like blue better than pink. Who knows. But I was wrong cause this baby was.... A GIRL!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for little girls!!! BTW I LOVE the new blog design! So adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an amazing young woman, and i find myself fully emotionally invested in your story!! Your writing is beautiful!! keep up the awesome work, i cant wait for your next entry!!

    ReplyDelete